Worldwalker Games, an indie developer with a big studio pedigree based in Austin, TX, has just launched their renowned storytelling RPG Wildermyth on Steam today. The game has been in Steam Early Access since November 2019 and has garnered an “Overwhelmingly Positive” rating with over 96% of players recommending the game. New content launching today includes a brand-new story narrative, the option to play fully procedural campaigns, new Ability Upgrades, and more. To celebrate the launch, a new trailer debuts today as well.
Wildermyth is a party-based procedural storytelling RPG where tactical combat and story decisions will alter your world and reshape your cast of characters. The game follows heroes over their whole careers, from their pitchfork days to their powerful primes, and on into old age and memory. Victory (or death, whichever comes first) isn’t the end. Heroes go into the player’s “Legacy,” and can show up in future playthroughs. Over the course of several stories, Legacy heroes grow into larger-than-life myths.
Wildermyth’s features include:
- Procedural narrative: Player choices affect the story, the characters, and the game world
- Unique magic system: Mystic characters in Wildermyth can “interfuse” with environmental objects for a unique take on combat
- Varied story campaigns: Play through one of five crafted narratives, or choose a fully procedural campaign to keep it fresh
- Play solo or with friends: Wildermyth supports Steam multiplayer, meaning players can play at their own pace or bring in friends to complete the party
- Strategic turn-based tactical combat: Inspired by games like X-Com, combat in Wildermyth requires strategy and
Wildermyth’s “secret sauce” is its procedural narrative, where player choices affect the story, the characters, and the game world. Players don’t just create characters, they grow them, and guide them through the ups and downs of life. With its papercraft art style, strategic turn-based tactical combat, and offbeat humour, it’s an experience, unlike most others.
We are so excited to launch Wildermyth! We’ve gotten such an amazing response from the community as we’ve been building this game over the last couple years, and can’t wait for players to check out the new story content and additional features we’ve added like, multiplayer, achievements, and ability upgrades.Nate Austin, Co-Founder and Lead Programmer, Worldwalker Games
For more gaming news, click right HERE.