Next Wednesday, May 19, the next game in the Outbreak series – Outbreak: Endless Nightmares – will arrive on next-gen and current-gen consoles, along with Steam.
Running at 4K and up to 60fps on the PS5 and Xbox Series X, Outbreak: Endless Nightmares features mo-cap animations for the first time in the series. Real-time lighting and shadows (including multi-layered VFX for gore and explosions) and incredibly detailed textures make it the most polished Outbreak yet!
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares takes full advantage of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles to deliver a new roguelike twist on the Outbreak series’ trademark survival horror gameplay. Replayability is boosted through increasingly challenging, semi-procedurally generated “anomalies” filled with items, lore, puzzles, and blood-starved fiends.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares represents a massive jump in quality and content for Outbreak fans – including free post-launch DLC throughout the first year. To celebrate the launch of Outbreak: Endless Nightmares, a special bundle containing all six Outbreak titles on both prior gen and next-gen SKUs (Outbreak Complete Collection) will also be available on May 19 (PlayStation and Xbox only).
At the beginning of Outbreak: Endless Nightmares, you find yourself trapped within what remains of the Arzt Memorial Hospital. This becomes a central Hub – a safe zone where you can organize your inventory and storage cache, level up your character(s) … or just to take a breather before venturing out into the world again.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares delivers extreme replayability by offering multiple character options – each with their own abilities, upgrade paths, and more. Explore, scavenge for supplies, uncover clues, and fight your way through the anomalies – each consisting of semi-procedurally generated instances where both the environment and the undead are out to kill you!
In true roguelike fashion, things get more difficult each time you enter an anomaly. You’ll need to think carefully about which weapons, healing items, and other supplies you’ll bring along for the journey: If you’re lucky, you may find storage caches that give you access to your expanded inventory – and offer an opportunity to restock. But it’s up to you to scour the environment for supplies.
There’s more to discover in the world other than murderous zombie hordes: Find the journals scattered about to learn more about the original outbreak – and ultimately where to find refuge! But don’t think death can save you: Every time you die, you’ll awake trapped in the Hub – a nexus between Life and Death.
- Something old, something new: Experience the Outbreak series’ signature classic survival action with the perfect mix of roguelike gameplay.
- Ever-expanding world: Explore a massive, semi-procedurally generated world that expands as the game progresses! Talk to NPCs, visit shops, etc.
- Three camera angles: Choose a view that works for you – fixed camera, over the shoulder – or first-person.
- Tactical camera/photo mode: Take beautiful pictures with the tactical camera or use photo mode to scan for anything dangerous nearby!
- Death isn’t the end: Death returns you to the Hub with most of your inventory intact – along with experience and money.
- Semi-procedurally generated dungeons: Revisit anomaly dungeons multiple times to find different traps, enemies, puzzles, challenges – and loot!
- Co-op gameplay: Fight the nightmare with a friend in two-player split-screen co-op.
- Character options: Choose from 6 unique characters – each with their own backstory, stats, and ability loadouts.
- Crafting: Dismantle, repair, and upgrade weapons; build ammo through gunpowder; and combine healing items to create new formulas and more!
- Multiple game modes: Choose from 5 gameplay modes – Standard, Ironman, Randomizer, Lost Hope, and Easy Mode.
- Uncover the story: Search through notes and logs to read more from Lydia’s journal and piece together the past and future of the outbreak.
- Late game content: Face a randomly-generated dungeon of extreme danger near the end of the game and try multiple New Game Plus modes after completing the story.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares will be released on multiple platforms one week from today – Wednesday, May 19 – for $19.99. Pre-orders are now available for Switch and Xbox.
Outbreak Complete Collection will also be available May 19 (PlayStation and Xbox only) for $79.99.
PlayStation Store (PS5 and PS4 store links will go live on May 19):
Microsoft Store (Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One) – pre-orders now available:
Nintendo Game Store (Switch) – pre-orders now available:
And for more gaming news be sure to visit our section HERE.