Publisher, Crytivo alongside the development team, Soda Den are excited to announce the game Roots of Pacha has been over 900% funded on Kickstarter and are quickly nearing their final stretch goal of $350,000.
The campaign has gone way beyond the team’s expectations. They created “community challenges” to help spread the word of the campaign, like retweeting a pinned tweet. The community met all those challenges unlocking things like riding mammoth and a time traveller. Thanks to the outpouring of support, ten Kickstarter stretch goals have been hit and the last one isn’t too far away. The stretch goals will add regions like a glacial tundra and an island where megafauna still thrives, and more interactivity like helpful pets and watching the children of the game grow up to teens and take on apprenticeships.
The first version of the Alpha has been shared with the communities of multiple content creators, and it will be in the hands of Alpha backers in April. Alpha backers will receive a content update about every 8 weeks until the release of the game. The first iterations of the Alpha will also be streamable by anyone who has access to it. One thing that has been a core feature in the game, and that is currently included in the Alpha, is the ability to play it co-op. Players will be able to enjoy it either solo or with friends from the get-go.
With so many stretch goals being hit, the team is working on an updated road map that will get them the eventual simultaneous release on Switch and PC Q2 of 2022. The talented team of Soda Den has already successfully tested Cross-platform play during the campaign the same day they got access to their Nintendo Switch dev kits.
Roots of Pacha is a co-op farming and life simulation game set in the stone age. Help your once nomadic clan settle in a promised and fertile land. By connecting with nature you’ll develop Ideas to evolve, enrich your culture, relationships, and discover the mysteries of Pacha, mother nature.
Important Features, that appear in the closed Alpha:
- Evolve the clan with “Ideas” like irrigation and animal taming.
- Farm and find wild seeds that can be domesticated.
- Befriend and taime wild animals with your favorite markings.
- Fish with minigames that challenge your steady hand.
- Bond with NPCs by giving gifts or sharing a dance.
- Customize your character with the latest stone age fashion.
- Ride ostriches, guanacos, boars, and more, eventually creating a riding league.
- Build your home and design tapestries and pottery
- Construct buildings and expand your village.
- Playable alone but developed with Co-Op in mind, including cut scenes.
- Mine in the depths of the world to find precious resources.
- Solve the mysteries of Pacha and her totems.
- Important Future Features
- You can pet a baby mammoth and other animals.
- Fill your kitchen with prehistoric appliances and utensils.
- Collect all the recipes in the stone age cookbook.
- Breed animals to discover new species.
- Date & marry your fellow Pachans.
- Participate in primitive festivals and rituals to Pacha.
And for more gaming news be sure to check out our section HERE.