Illustrator and solo developer Louis Durrant, AKA carrotcake, just launched The Garden Path on Kickstarter, seeking £20,000 (about $27,000 USD) of funding to bring this cozy slice-of-life sim to fruition with some help. Walk down The Garden Path on PC, Linux and other platforms to be announced, when it releases later this year.
The Garden Path ~ Announcement Trailer
Featured on Wholesome Direct’s E3 showcase, The Garden Path is a game about the joys of gardening, the comfort of building a safe place, and the butterflies you get from making new friends. It’s a life sim that celebrates the tranquil and the pensive, the quiet moments of a life well-lived, where your garden will grow to reflect both the passing of time and your own design. Time here runs in concert with the real world, and the passing of seasons heralds new encounters and a new story to weave.
Curate, craft, and grow the garden, go fishing for a big catch, make copious amounts of tea, and hang out with your new vegetable and animal-headed friends. Built to be played as and when you wish, the garden will present new encounters, stories to weave, and distractions each time you play. Of course, you may also like to check back in to see how your flowers have grown!
Currently, carrotcake is a solo enterprise (including the beautiful soundtrack), and while the game will see the light of day regardless, Kickstarter funding would go a long way towards bringing collaborators on board to finish the game while keeping a healthy work-life balance, and depending on how much is raised, bring the game to more platforms and languages.
Take a stroll down The Garden Path in the early demo, available now via the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fromcarrotcake/the-garden-path-a-hand-illustrated-slice-of-life-sim-game
- A humble gardening life-sim with real-time progress even when you’re away.
- Rich illustrated visuals and original soundtracks that draw you in.
- A charming cast of characters, all with their own unique personalities and stories to tell. Some of your vegetable-headed friends may even decide to move in!
- Plant seeds, watch them grow, then harvest them for materials to use later.
- Go fishing and score a big catch, collect dustflies, and trade your findings for new items.
- Collect furniture, then decorate the garden and your tent to make it feel like home.
- Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fromcarrotcake/the-garden-path-a-hand-illustrated-slice-of-life-sim-game
- Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1638500/The_Garden_Path/
- Press kit: https://bit.ly/3wxPl3j
- Trailer: https://youtu.be/7Zdzulmvmc8
- Website: https://carrotcake.games
- Studio Twitter: https://twitter.com/fromcarrotcake
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.