Dead Drop Studios’ Outbreak: The New Nightmare is now available on PlayStation 4.
A full-featured port of the Steam release, the PS4 version includes improved lighting and animation, superior frame-rate, and split-screen co-op – along with the Campaign, Onslaught, and Experiments modes.
Paying homage to the classic Resident Evil Outbreak games, Outbreak: The New Nightmare is the first fully 3D title in Dead Drop Studios’ Outbreak series – and the sequel to Outbreak (released in 2017). Prepare yourself for an unforgiving survival horror experience that’s seldom seen today as you scavenge for supplies, explore environments with multiple characters (each with their own attributes), and struggle to survive against the undead – now more horrifying than ever!
Retro survival horror games don’t really get made any more. The recent Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 remakes are the closest we’ve come. Games like Resident Evil: Outbreak weren’t made at all … at least not until now! I happen to love retro/classic games and survival horror games in particular, so I knew there was a market for this type of unforgiving, hard-as-nails experience. That’s the genesis of the first Outbreak (originally a top-down 2D game) and now Outbreak: The New Nightmare.Evan Wolbach (Founder, Dead Drop Studios)
Outbreak: The New Nightmare has been massively updated since its original Steam release. New features include:
- Local split-screen co-op (vertical or horizontal)
- Huge performance and graphics improvements (FPS, memory usage, real-time shadows and lighting, volumetric lighting, and more)
- New scenarios/game content
- New characters (Elena and Hank)
- Nightmare difficulty mode
- Radical weapon rebalancing (handguns/shotguns heavily buffed, random enemy spawns extremely reduced on Normal and Hard modes, hit detection from enemies greatly improved – and power weapons spawn in much earlier waves in Onslaught mode)
- Improved animations
- New weapon (DMR)
- Enemy pathfinding/AI improvements (e.g., enemies don’t attack through doors – opening them instead)
AFTER THE FIRST OUTBREAK …
September 2016. A viral epidemic catches a sleepy town off guard. While the nightmares were occurring at Arzt Memorial Hospital, there was another group of survivors fighting for their lives elsewhere.
It started as an ordinary evening. Everyone was ushering in the fall season – welcoming the change in the weather. It had been a particularly rough summer. Droughts resulted in water rationing – which in turn affected hygiene and overall cleanliness across the city. As the rationing ended, the city’s inhabitants thought their struggle was over.
But soon, undead monstrosities surged like a tidal wave of miasma. Emergency services were overwhelmed by a rash of sudden, yet unexplained attacks and fatalities. Police responded and were initially successful in containing smaller incidents. But the ranks of the infected grew and grew – quickly overwhelming anyone who stood in their way.
Survivors were drawn together as they fled the streets towards the only “safe” structure they could find: Kraus Shipping Industries. But as they entered the building, the survivors were struck by the stench of death. Blood covered the walls. Eerie sounds emanated from halls and abandoned offices.
Their evening of hell began that night … but you’re the one who will decide how it ends!
- Different Game Modes: Escape certain death alone in Campaign Mode, survive waves of the undead in Onslaught Mode, and complete challenges in Experiments Mode.
- Classic Survival Horror Gameplay: The horror experience you crave in a new, shinier package.
- Colorful Cast of Characters: Choose from unique characters – each with their own attributes; earn XP, level up, and customize to your heart’s content.
- Local Co-op: Play the entire game offline in split-screen co-op!
- Horrific Beauty: Experience the nightmare with stunning, high-definition 3D graphics.
- Classic Inventory: Your inventory is dangerously limited, so choose wisely!
- Den of Destruction: Wreak havoc with numerous firearms, explosives, and melee weapons.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
- Outbreak: The New Nightmare is now available on PS4 for $12.99.
- PlayStation Store:
- The game is also available on Xbox One, Windows, and Linux.
- Microsoft Store:
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.