After two years in development, the sequel to the best-seller The Red Solstice is coming to Steam Festival with a multiplayer demo from June 16th until June 21st. The alpha demo of Red Solstice 2: Survivors will feature 5 playable classes, procedurally generated colony type map, 8 players multiplayer mode with the ability to rank up, and hours and hours of replayable content.
Red Solstice 2: Survivors blends real-time tactical action with in-depth strategy and planning in a world where humanity’s last survivors are beset on every front. Join up to 7 friends in online co-op mode and struggle to survive as part of squad-based battles that mix the fast-paced action of Helldivers with the thoughtful strategy of games like X-COM.
Starting June 16th, players can download Red Solstice 2: Survivors from the Steam page and start playing with friends or by themselves.
ABOUT THE RED SOLSTICE 2: SURVIVORS
It’s the year 117 After Earth, and corporations rush to secure dominance over the last remnants of humanity. It’s up to you to take command of your squad, fight the powers that be, and find a cure to the virus that threatens to end mankind.
Across both a deep strategy layer and engaging real-time combat missions, players need to think on their feet to survive in this hostile world and determine the fate of the planet.
Choose your mission, design your load-out, then take to the battlefield and lead your squad to victory. Red Solstice 2: Survivors is playable in single-player or with up to seven friends where you plan your strategy to infiltrate a real-time tactical battlefield.
- Dynamic single-player
Seamless transition between singleplayer and multiplayer, friends can join you with their own technologies or you can join and help them in theirs. Play campaign alone, get stuck, invite your friend and then defeat the enemy, or join your friend campaign anytime.
- Strategy Layer
This is where you plan your next mission, establish communications, equip and manage your squad, and research new technologies.
- Best Co-op on the Planet
Fight your way in combat missions with up to 7 other friends, utilize combos in taking down enemies with efficiency and enjoy one of the most engaging coop games ever made.
- Consequential Decisions
Faced with difficult decisions, saving innocents or rushing to capture that new technology. your decisions will influence how the world sees you. Choose carefully, Executor.
- Capture & research: Capture mutants, add them to your bestiary and research powerful new technologies to become even stronger.
- Survival strategy: Tactical combat missions are underpinned by a strong strategic layer that spans over time with a single goal: the survival of the human race.
- 8 player co-op: Play solo or join up to seven friends; join existing campaigns or invite others to sign up to your own. Share research and resources, play together, and ensure the survival of the planet.
- Strategic base: Customize and evolve your character; research and upgrade new technologies and combat suits; prepare assets for deployment on the battlefield – artillery, tactical nukes, reinforcements, dropships and much more.
- Tactical real-time combat: Deploy alone or with other players into tense real-time tactical battles. Manage your resources, explore an open map and secure areas of safety.
- Fight the biomass infestation: Fight spreading biomass that changes the environment and has a mind of its own.
- Unique classes: Choose between 8 classes, each with a specific gameplay style and skills.
- Hot Join: Call for mid-game reinforcements from your friend’s list, and have them drop down right into the midst of the chaos.
Red Solstice 2: Survivors not enough for you? For even more gaming news, click right HERE.