Deadliest Catch: The Game leaves Early Access & heads to consoles

by MaddOx
2 comments

Deadliest Catch: The Game, a simulator of a king crab fisherman based on the popular Discovery Channel series, has left Early Access. As announced by Ultimate Games S.A., the game will also be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Console versions of Deadliest Catch: The Game are expected to appear in Q4 2020 or Q1 2021.

The simulator was created by Moonlit S.A., a studio located in Cracow, Poland. The game debuted on Steam Early Access on November 14, 2019 and the final release has been set to April 14, 2020. The game is being published on PC by Ultimate Games S.A., which will also be responsible for console conversions.

Deadliest Catch: The Game gameplay screenshot of a ship sailing

Deadliest Catch: The Game is a realistic 3D simulator created in cooperation with the Discovery Channel and Discovery Game Studios. It allows the players to catch king crabs in the Bering Sea and manage a special fishing boat (the so-called “crabber”). The creators have paid particular attention to details, and the gameplay itself combines realism and approachability.

While in Early Access, Deadliest Catch: The Game was well received by the players. As of today, the percentage of positive reviews has reached almost 70%. In recent months, the game has been improved upon and expanded with new features, in accordance with the previous plan and player feedback. Thanks to this, the game recreates the conditions known from the popular Discovery channel even more faithfully.

Mateusz Zawadzki, CEO at Ultimate Games S.A.

The king crab fisherman simulator gives the players a lot of different possibilities. For example, they will be preparing the expedition and striving to stick to the chosen course. The developers from Moonlit S.A.​ have also created, among others, realistic water physics and dynamic weather systems.

Deadliest Catch: The Game – main features:

  • Advanced king crab fishing methods;
  • Realistic gameplay;
  • Extensive ship and crew management options;
  • Dynamic weather system;
  • Advanced water physics;
  • Ship expansion and improvement possibilities;
  • Game based on the popular Discovery Channel series.

The release date for PC (Steam) has been set to April 14, 2020. In Q4 2020 or Q1 2021, the simulator will also be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.


For even more gaming news, click right HERE.

You may also like

2 comments

Lee April 30, 2021 - 3:27 pm

This report is utter bullshit, it was not wrll received at all, with all the bugs and glitches, 90% of people who bought it took to steam to complain, even now, people are experiencing save and loading glitches, crew freezes, and falling through the map on a regular basis. The other 10% of people requested a refund. So when you say the game was well received and the the positiviy rate was at 70%, i dont know what the hell you are talking about!

Reply
MaddOx April 30, 2021 - 8:03 pm

It wasn’t us who said this, it was a quote from one of the publishers. It was also from over 12 months ago and a comment made about the game feedback in Early Access when it had a near 70% positive rating. If you have issues, you should take them up with the developers. The best we can do as a news outlet is pass on your comments.

Reply

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.