Return to the ultimate medieval battlefield on PC and console platforms during an epic, extended weekend Cross-Play Closed Beta
Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver welcome players to the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta. Starting today, Friday, April 23 at 10:30am EDT* and running through Monday, April 26 at 10:30pm EDT, players can experience the ultimate medieval battlefield with Cross-Play enabled across all major gaming platforms, including PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems.
*note: Closed Beta start/end times may differ on consoles
All digital pre-orders for both console and PC (via Epic Games Store) include guaranteed access to this weekend’s Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta. On all platforms, the Closed Beta will be instantly available if you pre-order before or during the Closed Beta weekend – just search for the application on your platform’s store and download it immediately, no key required!
Visit the official website to pre-order Chivalry 2standard edition (MSRP $39.99, €39.99, £34.99) and special edition (MRSP $49.99, €49.99, £44.99), both available on all platforms. Chivalry 2 also supports free upgrades from current-gen versions when you upgrade to a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S system.
Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta content includes:
- Cross-Play: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players on all platforms to face-off on the battlefield together.
- New map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- More modes: In addition to an additional massive Team Objective map called The Fall of Lionspire, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in Team Deathmatch maps The Battle of Wardenglade and Tournament Grounds.
- Massive scale: 64 players in sprawling, multi-stage Team Objective maps, complete with epic castle sieges, forest ambushes and good old medieval pillaging.
- Subclass system: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- Win with any weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era –from clashing swords, to storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
And for more gaming news be sure to check out our section HERE.