Psychedelic platformer, Spinch arrives digitally for Nintendo Switch and Steam (September 3rd) but if you want a physical copy with retro appeal, Huey Games has you covered.
Following a successful Kickstarter, Spinch is making its way to an 80’s inspired physical format later this month [September 2020].
The retro-styled release comes in the form of a USB cassette. The collectors item is shrink-wrapped in a cassette jewel case, with colour printed labels and inlay, looking like it’s straight out of the Commodore 64 back catalogue. The only difference is you wont need an old console to play it as can be played on PC (Windows).
Pre-orders can be made through the Kickstarter and costs just £25 (approx $33 US Dollars).
The exclusive physical edition of the indie platformer includes extra content too, such as; soundtrack albums, artwork, retro archives and more.
Publisher Akupara Games collaborated with Huey Games to bring the physical launch to life following the latter’s track record of giving old classics and much-loved modern indies a retro revival. This is the first game the will receive same-day USB cassette launch as its digital release, marking a milestone in Huey Games’ own publishing prowess.
Developed by Queen Bee games, featuring art from award-winning Canadian cartoonist, Jesse Jacobs, Spinch is a 2D platformer where colours truly come alive to hunt down the adorable (and apparently delicious) Spinch, the titular character whose goal is to save its Spinch babies from colourful oblivion.
Enter into a world thick with bubbling psychedelia. Descend deep into a new ecology teeming with multiple pathways, luminous levels, and complex obstacles. Transcend the material realm and assume your true form as Spinch, a hyper-agile organism consumed by the quest to rescue its litter of missing offspring from an endless invasion of misshapen and malformed offbeats and oddities.
- Retro-styled visual wonderland with a dazzling colour explosion by award-winning Canadian cartoonist, Jesse Jacobs
- A fine-tuned platformer with tight controls to dash, dodge, and jump off surfaces to survive against neon spiders, massive rainbow worms, and bomb-dropping moon dogs
- Plunge into the unique worlds ranging from neon plains, to experiment tanks, to frozen ice lands, all the way to outer space!
- Face off against enigmatic bosses and shoot them down with your children as ammunition
- Soundtrack by famed Canadian artist, James Kirkpatrick, featuring compositions written on modified Gameboys and circuit-bent, hand-made instruments.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.