Heroes of Aventuria, your time has come! The beautiful co-op multiplayer role-playing game The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes by Random Potion and Wild River Games will be released for PC (via Steam) today. Starting at 5 p.m. GMT, brave adventurers can enter the underworlds of the Aventurian Middle Realm to find their fortune – or their doom. Whether Knight, Wizard or Blessed One: Only the bravest, most cunning and strongest will return.
In The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes, players develop their own characters with an individual story and experience adventures in compact gaming sessions with groups of up to four people. The gameplay is based on the rules of the classic role-playing game The Dark Eye and was developed with the IP holding publisher Ulisses. Thus players experience an adventure that feels just like real pen & paper game while they’re in the universe of one of the most famous and traditional role-playing games of all time.
The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes is available in German and English on Steam for 29.99 EUR / 24.99 GBP. Russian and Korean language versions will also be available by the end of June.
Our game is the result of an intense collaboration between the developer Random Potion, the licensor Ulisses and Wild River Games – I have to thank our partners and my team, who all have worked hard to make Book of Heroes such a great game.Marc Wardenga, Managing Director of Wild River Games GmbH
This game is close to our hearts – we are very happy to finally present Book of Heroes to the fans. I’m curious about the stories they will experience.Kirsi Rossi, CEO of the Random Potion development studio
The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes | Key Features
- Exciting multiplayer co-op mode with up to four players
- Singleplayer mode with 8 individual storylines and personal quests
- Authentic roleplaying experience through a consistent adaptation of pen & paper rules
- Randomly generated adventures and maps for endless replayability
- 4 playable species: elves, half elves, dwarves and humans
- 12 playable professions, e.g. Assassin, Mercenary, Blessed One of Rondra, Knight or Black Magician
- Pen & paper style fighting system
- Extensive character development with hand-painted Inrah cards
- Crafting of weapons and equipment
- Legendary and rare items
- Personal treasure chest for own items
- Based on the popular The Dark Eye rulebook (5th edition)
- Original world map of the Aventurian Middle Realm
- Detailed tutorial for newcomers
More information about The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes is available on the Wild River Games website, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up here to add The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes to your wishlist on Steam.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.