Indie developer Midjiwan AB is pleased to announce that their award-winning, visually distinctive turn-based strategy game The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise, will be making its long-awaited arrival on PC, Mac OSX and Linux on 4th August 2020.
Drifting in the space of an alternate dimension to ours, The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise is set on the Square, the bizarre home planet of the Polytopians, 12 individual tribes each with their own characteristics and personalities whose only shared passion is their love of fighting. As a player, you will take on the role of the ruler of one of these tribes as you attempt to build and expand your civilization in competition with the other tribes, researching clever technologies and harnessing powerful magic in the process.
Will you choose to be the leader of the Xin-Xi, reserved yet adventurous traditionalists that are wary of change or outsiders? Perhaps the Hoodrick, who love archery, nature, mushrooms and famed for their baked goods? Or maybe the Bardur, where the local tavern is their favourite place and Ullefurgh their drink of choice, a delightful concoction of pine needles, hot water and rabbit fat. Truth be told, it’s an acquired taste!
Featuring deceptively deep 4X gameplay across both single-player and online multiplayer, The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise also has auto-generated maps, configurable map types of different sizes, as well as three game modes to ensure that every playthrough will feel completely fresh and new.
The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise Key Features:
- Single player and online multiplayer for up to 12 players including matchmaking
- 4X gameplay (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
- Play as one of 12 tribes, each with their own unique nature, culture and attributes
- Exploration, warfare, farming, building and technology research provide a richly rewarding and varied gameplay experience
- Auto-generated maps ensure each game is a totally new experience
- Online leaderboards featuring the top scores for the best civilization builders
- Five map types – tiny, normal, large, huge and massive!
- Configurable map types – Dryland, Lake, Continents, Archipelago and Water World
- Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.