Publisher Perp Games and Independent Developer Firesprite Games are excited to confirm the physical release dates for critically acclaimed sci-fi horror experience The Persistence.
First out of the gate is the Nintendo Switch release for European/PAL territories only, launching this Friday 31st July. PlayStation 4 and XBOX One platform versions will launch a little later on September 4th.
The North American release for Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and XBOX One platforms hits on September 29th.
The Persistence offers a brutal take on survival-horror that integrates an innovative rogue-like design into the genre and players are tasked with surviving aboard a doomed deep space colony starship in the year 2521. Said ship is overrun with horrific and murderous aberrations that make their presence known as players explore, evade and fight their way through the depths of an ever-changing labyrinth to bring the ship back to Earth.
Firesprite has created such an atmospheric, intense, and massively enjoyable game in The Persistence and we are absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to bring it to new audiences across all formats.Rob Edwards, Managing Director of Perp Games.
We’re excited about bringing the game to physical formats in partnership with Perp Games. The Persistence is a totally unique survival-horror experience and we’re looking forward to seeing it hit retail shelves..Graeme Ankers, MD and Co-founder of Firesprite Games.
The Persistence features: –
- A brutal take on the survival-horror genre that integrates rogue-like design elements to give the action an extra edge.
- Procedurally generated stages that change with each playthrough, creating a labyrinth-like experience that adds to the tension.
- Live, die, repeat. Play as dozens of different clones on board the ship, each one with the potential to be stronger than the last.
- Tailored controls. enhanced environments and post-processing effects for PlayStation 4 and XBOX One deliver a heightened fidelity of horror for fans of the genre.
- Atmospheric, cutting-edge visuals in docked, handheld or tabletop modes for the Nintendo Switch platform.
Nintendo Switch releases this coming Friday, 31st July, with PlayStation 4, Xbox One to follow on September 4th in Europe.
North American release confirmed for September 29th for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and XBOX One.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.