Following the recent release of Outbreak: Epidemic on Switch, Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles – the third game in the Outbreak series – will arrive on Nintendo’s portable console next Thursday, November 5.
Check out the launch trailer below:
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles pays homage to the classic Resident Evil trilogy while adding a smidge of Silent Hill to the mix. The result is a unique single-player experience featuring bone-crushing difficulty, limited saves via consumable floppy disks, and panic-inducing encounters NOT for the faint of heart.
Featuring fixed camera angles – a staple of the survivor horror genre since Alone in the Dark – Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is the most atmospheric title in the Outbreak series – taking players from a well-lit, stately manor (creepy in its own right!) to a nightmarish environment far below ground.
The Switch version of Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles carries over improvements and bug fixes made to the original Steam release, including:
- Massive rebalancing – making “Normal” difficulty slightly more manageable with buffed supplies, improved damage, and more; “Hard” and beyond are untouched and remain incredibly difficult.
- Superior enemy attack detection – giving the player more opportunities to dodge.
- Significant performance and memory improvements.
- Dramatic reduction in load times.
- Numerous fixes including geometry tweaking, enemy placement, and more.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles key features (Switch)
- Fixed camera angles harken back to the early days of survival horror games.
- Dedicated Story Mode follows Lydia as she becomes separated from her group.
- Limited inventory space, beautiful environments, and horrifying monsters!
- Fight through countless rooms in an action-packed Battle Mode – inspired by Resident Evil: Code Veronica.
- Search rooms, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Engage threats directly or run away to safety.
- Save games using (in-game) floppy disks!
- Choose from several firearms and melee weapons.
- Multiple difficulty settings – Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and a “one-hit-kill” Nightmare setting for the truly insane.
- No Internet connection required.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
Pricing & Availability
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is available for pre-order now and will be released on the Nintendo Switch a week from today, Thursday, November 5, for $11.04 (15% off). On November 12, the game will return to its original MSRP of $12.99.
- Nintendo Game Store (pre-orders): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/outbreak-the-nightmare-chronicles-switch
- Outbreak: Epidemic – the fifth game in the Outbreak series – is also on the Nintendo Switch! – https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/outbreak-epidemic-switch
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.
- PlayStation Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6088-CUSA24065_00-3962730802223761
- Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/outbreak-the-nightmare-chronicles/bvzhpkz3vtsf
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/811720/Outbreak_The_Nightmare_Chronicles
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.