Following the official announcement last week, Erik Rempen, self-taught solo game designer, is today thrilled to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for his new roguelite village-builder Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is now live!
Kickstarter is a very important step in the journey of bringing Kainga: Seeds of Civilization to life. The support and funding from this campaign will not only provide external resources to add a layer of professional polish to the music and UX/UI design but will also allow Erik to focus his time on enhancing the overall gameplay experience. Kickstarter is also a fantastic way of creating a community around the game and helps guide the future development in new and interesting ways. With the support of the fans, the dream of releasing Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is one step closer to being a reality.
You can visit the Kickstarter page for Kainga: Seeds of Civilization here and check out more information on the game as well as the great rewards on offer for people who support the campaign.
I am excited to finally be able to launch the Kickstarter campaign for Kainga. It has been a dream of mine for almost three years and today I can see that dream coming to life. With your support, I will be able to bring Kainga over the finish line and share this wonderful experience with the ever-growing community and fans around the world.Erik Rempen, solo designer of the game
Take a look at the Kickstarter video here and see solo game designer Erik Rempen talk about his three-year journey developing Kainga: Seeds of Civilization and his hopes for the future of the game.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization Kickstarter Trailer
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Instead of following the long-winded city-builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minutes to 1-hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location, which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the terrain and resources to your advantage, keep an eye on the resources you have available and carefully plan and adapt to an ever-changing environment, as you battle against the elements, disasters, other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technology, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
For more information please visit the official website here, follow Kainga: Seeds of Civilization’s journey on social media via Twitter and don’t forget to join the conversation on the official Discord channel.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.