Triangle Studios and Convoy Games are proud to announce their FTL and Mad Max inspired post-apocalyptic adventure, Convoy: A Tactical Roguelike, is releasing today on consoles. Even those who’ve already conquered the road have a reason to return, in the form of brand-new storylines and vehicles.
Take the wheel as you drive a weaponized convoy across a deadly wasteland that changes with every run, engaging with enemies in high-speed tactical combat as you race down the highway. In your first hour of play you will fight over scrap parts, probably lose a car because you forgot that a rock was coming, feel good about upgrading your vehicles and get tired of the description of sand in our many text based dialogues. Also you will probably not make it out alive on your first run, so expect to return to this desert wasteland time and again.
For those new to Convoy, here’s an overview of what this roguelike gem has to offer
- A new take on tactical combat: Combat plays out in real-time as a high-speed car chase where you need to position your units and use abilities to maximize their effectiveness.
- Exploration pays: You will encounter many different radio signals, each with a text-based event. What doesn’t kill you may reward you with loot.
- Fully customizable units: Each unit can be upgraded and outfitted with different weapons and stats, allowing you to customize them to your needs.
- A randomized planet: Each play-through features different main and side objectives, events, choices, and different consequences to your actions.
- A cold war turning hot: Three factions vie for control over the planet, your actions tip the scales of balance making you an enemy to everyone. As each faction grows in strength, you need to keep up.
- Permadeath at the core: Knowing one wrong move could lead to certain death puts you constantly on edge.
Convoy: A Tactical Roguelike is available now on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One for $14.99 USD, and is still available on PC via Steam as well.
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.