On March 30th, the highly challenging and addictive 2D action platformer, Atomik: RunGunJumpGun, will receive a physical release for Nintendo Switch, thanks to a collaboration between ThirtyThree, Good Shepherd, and Super Rare Games. This marks the first time the game will be available in a physical format, with only 4,000 copies ever to be produced.
The limited edition physical release will be available for purchase exclusively at superraregames.com at 6 pm BST (10 am PDT/1 pm EDT) on March 30th. Each Super Rare Games release includes all current content on the cartridge, a full-colour manual, interior artwork, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards. Fans can also expect a quick delivery, as Super Rare Games titles typically ship soon after release.
Atomik: RunGunJumpGun, set in the Extax System, where the Sun has begun to consume planets, plunging the remaining worlds into chaos and superstition. Players assume the role of a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System, whose sole objective is to collect Atomiks, the primary resource in the system. The game’s storyline leaves players questioning the scavenger’s motives and the true purpose of the Atomiks.
Atomik: RunGunJumpGun boasts a range of features, including:
- Beautifully Difficult: Intense action that tests players’ reflexes to the fullest
- Shield Mode: Equip an energy shield and slow down the game speed without losing excitement
- Nonstop Action: Fast respawns keep players constantly engaged
- Two-button gameplay: One button for flying and another for blasting obstacles
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Meticulously crafted levels designed to test speed and tenacity
- Marathon Mode: Compete for the global high score
- Surreal visuals: A trippy, hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: A pulsing blend of hip-hop, electronic, and movie-score vibes
- Warped space-opera narrative: A cast of beautifully illustrated, crazed characters
- Masochistic Collectables: Collecting “Atomiks” adds an extra level of insanity to the merciless level design
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Suitable for players with disabilities
Developed by a team inspired by games like VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy, Atomik: RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy, twitchy platforming masterpiece that’s not to be missed.