Can You Pet the Dog and the Dragon and the Deer and the… Well, Everything… in The Waylanders?
A party for your party! Animal companions, summoned invocations, and magical wisps in the world of The Waylanders
The world of The Waylanders is closer than you think! Watch out for the release date announcement on June 8th in the IGN Summer of Gaming showcase! As the hype grows, the team is getting many questions from fans like: Do I get that ship as a base? Yep! Can you romance Nazhedja? Yes! Are there pets? YES!
No RPG is complete without an animal companion who’s set out to slay monsters by your side, and The Waylanders is no different. While The Waylanders’ resident werewolf, Rea, meets the description, she takes offence at being called a pet.
While most classes don’t get a furry, feathered, or scaled friend, Rangers in The Waylanders have twelve different animal companions to choose from. These pet companions level as you do and have unique abilities that damage, distract, heal, and inflict status effects. Ranger animal companions are always with the party and can be directed to take action just like all your other characters. While a few of these pets are race and advanced class-specific, many can travel beside any kind of Ranger the player chooses to create.
Ranger Animal Companions:
- Dog – A furry friend with a distracting bark and sharp bite
- Wolf – A cunning pack hunter with a self-healing attacks and an invigorating howl
- Wild Boar – A tough ally with sharp tusks and a devastating charge
- Deer – A swift fighter with sharp hooves and a hard skull
- Rabbit – A lightning-quick companion with some unexpected tricks
- Bear – A fearsome guardian with savage jaws
- Raven – A dark omen on wings with a razor beak
- Jay – A colorful bird with sharp talons and a swooping assault
- Panther – A lithe predator that favors pouncing and biting
- Spider – A patient, terrifying huntress with a prickly web
- Dragon – A legendary beast with powerful wings and explosive breath
- Drake – A scaly-skinned carnivore with a lethal charge and deadly breath
While petting animals isn’t an early access launch feature, the team wants to hear if that’s something fans are excited about. Let them know on Twitter and Facebook.
Lastly, everyone’s favourite goblin in the Waylanders, Trasté, has his own special wisps who act as a minion to aid in combat. By using Trasté’s Friends! Ability, a Wisp appears near you every few seconds acting as ammunition for certain abilities or can explode*, damaging a target.
*No wisps are harmed during explosion. This is a perfectly natural part of a goblin wisp’s day in The Waylanders. Wisps love Trasté! Friends!
Find out more about The Waylanders on Steam and the game’s website. Get the latest news on Twitter and Facebook.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.