There are no heroes in World of Warcraft (WoW) Dragonflight that would not be relevant in various updates due to the well-thought-out balance system from Blizzard and the constant work on the meta and equating all classes to each other, so that in open PVP it was decided solely by personal skill, and not by equipment.
Of course, you can always improve your position, and buy WoW gold in order to purchase legendary equipment with an increase in all key characteristics for classes, including the Elemental Shaman.
What is an Elemental Shaman?
The shaman is a melee fighter in WoW Dragonflight who can use various magic to attack single and mass targets. In addition to attacking skills, the shaman has access to auxiliary skills.
What has changed in patch 10.1 for the Dragonflight update in World of Warcraft
Here is a list of the changes that have arrived with the latest patch to World of Warcraft Dragonflight:
- Overwhelming Life Force now increases maximum health by 8%.
- Ancestral Guidance now heals wounded allies by 20% for all healing and offensive skills you cast within their area of effect but procs every 25 seconds.
- Now, when using the skill Rooted Elements, or Primordial Wave, which activates the Lava Burst skill, and it in turn activates on its own, without the right to choose the target for dealing fire damage.
- Now the Guardian of Nature skill works as it should, and not much earlier before the health sags to the required level for the activation indicated in the skill description.
- All earthquake effects now stack.
- The maximum mana pool for the Elemental Shaman class has been increased 5 times to 250,000.
- Mana regeneration has been reduced to a minimum.
- Healing Surge now costs only 10% of your maximum mana.
- Chain Healing now costs 15% of your maximum mana.
- Healing Stream Totem also has a reduced mana cost to cast.
- Earth Shield now has a reduced total mana cost.
- Dispel that removes a magically applied buff from an enemy now costs more mana per cast.
- Great Cleansing – Mana consumption has not changed much, and the effect allows you to remove two strengthening skills from the enemy at once.
- Cleanse Spirit – A skill that removes a debuff from an ally now costs 10% of their maximum mana.
Dragonflight’s global changes have now affected the general mechanics of helping your allies. Even despite the poor mana generation, you can activate a number of skills to heal allies when you need them and only spend all your mana to replenish it.
Now you know what updates come with the latest Dragonflight patch, back to the Elemental Shaman class.
Elemental Shaman strengths
First up, we have the strengths of the Elemental Shaman in World of Warcraft Dragonflight:
- A wide range of game variations – from physical builds, to auxiliary and healing and attacking magic.
- Many spells to help allies, which will help in raids and during group hunting.
- There are several builds to choose from – single damage on the target, massive and the imposition of periodic effects.
- Many options to deal damage to a single target and massive clusters of enemies.
- Basic builds and combinations will be clear to beginners when mastering this versatile class.
- There are a number of skills that allow you to attack opponents on the move.
Weaknesses of the Elemental Shaman class
It’s not all fun and games for Elemental Shamans though, here are what lets the class down in World of Warcraft Dragonflight:
- Support skills are harder to overclock and use in raids.
- Universal specialisation without a noticeable advantage in one of the directions of attack or defence.
- Depends on sets of equipment that can significantly strengthen the hero.
- The most optimal attack build will not be easy and will require a perfect understanding of the timings.
Characteristics and their priority for the Elemental Shaman class in World of Warcraft Dragonflight
The most important parameters that are inherent in each World of Warcraft Dragonflight class significantly increase the attacking and defensive potential of any character and overall capabilities in battles against monsters and other players.
The most important parameter for all World of Warcraft Dragonflight classes is that focus on their skills in battles. Since the Shaman is a combined class and the indicator of intelligence is not important for him, the task is only to build skills, which will become the main force in battles.
Mastery allows you to increase the chance of debuffs triggering regardless of the enemy’s magical defence, or rather, increase the chance of breaking through his defence even at the highest values.
As for the main offensive skills, a high value of the mastery characteristic increases the chance to hit the enemy with dodge and the overall damage of all offensive skills in general.
As for defensive and healing skills, you will get an increased chance that the skill will work two or more times in a row without cooldown, or with a double timer if we are talking about auxiliary and strengthening skills.
All World of Warcraft Dragonflight melee classes, regardless of the direction towards magic, which is the Elemental Shaman. It is extremely important for you to increase your speed as well.
This will allow you to increase your basic movement pace to catch up with your targets, or vice versa to manoeuvre away from them.
The second point that accelerates the speed is the attack speed and the rate of the swing of the weapon. Given that in addition to using magic, you will also deal the main damage with weapons and wait until mana is generated, then a high rate and attack speed will allow you to significantly accelerate your damage in all forms.
The third and most important point is the acceleration of speed for the sake of increasing and casting speed – your most frequent build, whether in terms of a single or mass attack of opponents, or healing of allies. Sometimes a fraction of a second is not enough to level the situation in the raids in your favor and apply healing.
Far from being the most important stat for most World of Warcraft Dragonflight classes, and the last to level, but the Shaman can squeeze a lot more out of her than it might seem at first glance.
The versatility parameter evenly increases the attacking and defensive parameters of the class, and given the redesigned total mana system and slow regeneration, after using all the skills, the Shaman will move on to melee attacks, where each point of damage will play an additional benefit, especially when paired with an attack speed up.
The defensive bonuses come in handy too, as all classes that are in close contact with the target regularly take damage in a response equal to the target’s total defence.
The chance to deal double damage to the target with normal attacks and skills is a nice bonus for any attacking character, and the higher the attack and casting speed, the greater the chance due to the increased number of attempts.
As in the case of versatility, you will have a chance to deal double magic damage, and when the total mana runs out, you can switch to manual attacks, which will not only be strong but also dispersed twice in most cases due to attack speed.
Don’t forget to use lightning in any variation of stats and builds, and aim for gear that boosts all 4 key stats evenly.
Looking for even more helpful content like this? Then just check out our opinion pieces section.