ININ Games today launches the EGRET II mini with an exclusive blue colour scheme. Shipping with 40 pre-installed games, a rotating screen, and an adjustable joystick, the miniature version of the legendary arcade cabinet provides an old-school arcade feeling right in your living room!
The launch of the EGRET II mini has been highly anticipated by fans and critics alike, with several journalists praising the console as a “playable history book” (Destructoid) and “a gorgeous, high-quality device that does a tremendous job of capturing Taito’s impressive arcade legacy” (Retrogamer).
The new accolades trailer provides an overview of the impressive, positive feedback from critics around the world.
The EGRET II mini is designed to be the ultimate way of experiencing classic TAITO arcade games. After plugging it in, fans can immediately start playing the 40 pre-installed games with Bubble Bobble or Darius Gaiden, among other amazing classics. Additionally, the developers at TAITO are considering “to add more games in the future, if the opportunity arises, and [would] love to release more and more games […] as time goes on.”
Just like the original arcade machine, the mini arcade cabinet sports a 5-inch 4:3 rotating monitor. Thanks to that, players can rotate their screen to play games horizontally or vertically – for the most authentic way to enjoy arcade games. Fans looking to take things one step further can also use the EGRET II mini – Paddle and Trackball Game Expansion Set (also separately available), which adds ten additional, classic TAITO games on an SD card – bringing the total game number to 50! Turn the paddle and use the trackball of the unique controller included in this set to take control of this part of gaming history!
The features of the EGRET II mini:
- A total of 40 pre-installed games, including true arcade classics
- 5-inch 4:3 rotating monitor (1024×768 resolution) for horizontal and vertical alignment and an optimal adaptation to the selected game
- 6-button arcade layout and joystick that is individually adjustable for each game – easily switch from 8 directions to 4 directions
- HDMI output to also play the games on TV
- Two USB Type-A controller ports for the additional, optional EGRET II mini controllers
- SD card slot to add even more games
- Own integrated sound through stereo speakers
- Special in-game features like save states, adjustable lives and rapid-fire
The EGRET II mini ‑ Limited Blue Edition (standalone console) and all three additional controllers are now available via ININ Games’ partner site Gamesrocket or as EGRET II mini – Arcade Cabinet Blue Edition and Game Center Blue Edition, including exclusive physical collectables and additional controllers via Strictly Limited Games.
For even more news, click right HERE.