PUBG Corporation is happy to announce that Season 6 and Survivor Pass: Shakedown are now live! The update includes a brand new 2×2 map that is sure to bring intense and high tension combat right from the drop. Karakin also introduces breach points on buildings, sticky bombs, penetrable walls to shoot through, and the Black Zone, which takes away the safety of buildings by destroying them utterly.
Update 6.1 is now live on PC servers and will be arriving on console 30th Jan.
Karakin is a 2×2 km island off the coast of Northern Africa. It’s an arid, rocky environment that provides wide-open terrain and challenging engagements. It’s small, fast, and dangerous: Expect the tension of Miramar combined with the pace of Sanhok. Karakin is a 64 players map.
Players should expect long distance rifle engagements in the mountains, tactical urban conflict, and claustrophobic underground combat. And with the introduction of the Black Zone, Karakin reveals its twist: a map that’s layout changes every match.
The new hazard, the Black Zone only available in Karakin, levels buildings into smoking ruins.
- The Black Zone is designed to push players out of the safety of a building.
- The hazard is random: towns and compounds can be undamaged, totally flattened, and everything in between.
- The mix of buildings and ruins evolves in real time throughout the match: Meaning don’t always expect that building you run to for cover to be there late in the match.
- Remember, if you hear the siren, and you are inside that purple circle on the minimap- evacuate!
- Certain walls and floors have breach points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs
- This feature presents more tools for our players: For campers, it allows more sight lines/windows to be created
- For squads going on the offensive however, there are new options for storming buildings- “Do we blast in through the back of the building, or through the roof- maybe both?” the choice is yours!
- And for explorers, we’ve hidden many secret areas for those players with a spare Sticky Bomb or two, and a keen nose for loot
Finally, to make interior gun fights a little more interesting, developers have added bullet penetration to the weakest walls in Karakin. Getting brief glimpses of your enemies through damaged drywall, and deciding to take the fight or regroup- gives players more options.
At PUBG they are dedicated to providing new experiences for you, the player, and pushing what’s possible in the genre.
- Whether you have purchased Premium Pass or not, all players can join together to fill the Community Accomplishment Gauge, then claim in-game skin rewards and unravel the hidden story of Karakin
- The mission gauge can be filled by finding collectibles on the Battlegrounds
- Players who find and open special Cardboard Boxes will be able to loot one of the 3 different objects
- When collected, they are reflected on the Community mission accomplishment gauge as follows:
- Disc piece: Counts as 1 point toward Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: Counts as 2 points toward Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: Counts as 3 points toward Community Missions Goal
- On the Community Mission tab, you can see your achievement score and earn XP in proportion to the individual contribution score
- There are three tracks of Season Missions
- Each track will be released monthly on January, February, and March
- Tracks that are locked will show the time left before it is unlocked
- Players can earn large amount of XPs when completing Progression Missions
- Tracks 1, 2 contains a set of 8 missions each with each mission difficulty increasing gradually allowed for all players
- Track 3 contains a set of 10 missions with each mission gradually increasing difficulty for players with the Premium Pass
- Milestones are completed when a set goal has been achieved related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions
- Example: Complete 70 total daily missions
- These are challenging missions which require using designated weapons.
- Weapon lists:
- Skorpion (Handgun)
- Win94 (SR)
- QBZ (AR)
- AKM (AR)
- QBU (DMR)
Earn Level-up items for the Next Season
- You can claim level-up items for the next season as a premium pass mission reward
- These items are non-marketable, and they will be activated when the next season (Season 7) starts
- Level-up Items in the Survivor Pass List
- 5 Levels coupon x2
- 1 Level coupon x5
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.