Swiss developer Blindflug Studios today announced a completely refreshed and optimised version of the iconic nuclear war strategy game First Strike, launching 10 March for PC, iOS and Android devices. First Strike Classic reprises First Strike: Final Hour with a brand-new AI with new behaviours and a redesigned user interface. The First Strike Classic update replaces the older versions of First Strike on Steam, Google Play Store and Apple App Store free of charge.
First Strike has been played by over 11 million players since its release in 2014 in almost every country on Earth. Be it South Sudan, China, the Virgin Islands, the US or Mongolia, there are First Strike players everywhere with only one exception: North Korea.
See the First Strike: Classic trailer below
Over the years, the First Strike fan community has requested new content. This remastered version of the game will now serve as the base for future content updates. Those expansions are exclusive to the free version of the game, which is planned to start rolling out in summer 2021.
First Strike Classic Features:
- Twelve playable nuclear superpowers – You decide which real-world superpower you play, from the USA to Russia, China or North Korea.
- Devastating superweapons – Build twelve technologically advanced rockets, from Tridents to the TSAR, unique to each nation.
- Build rockets and missiles, conquer territories and research new devastating nuclear technologies.
- Control the world – shoot and defend against nuclear rockets on a 3D globe.
Improvements of the remaster:
- First Strike’s classic fast-paced strategy gameplay – completely remastered!
- New artificial intelligence with new behaviours
- Refreshed graphical user interface
- Social Hub for the fan community
- Update serves as base for future expansions, planned for summer 2021
First Strike: Classic launches 10 March for PC, iOS and Android.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.