Beat’em-up fans will be delighted to learn that the latest instalment in the legendary Streets of Rage saga will be available as a physical retail version on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Standard retail copies include the critically acclaimed Streets of Rage 4, a reversible cover with alternative artwork, an artbook and a keyring featuring the game’s iconic logo.
Set for a July 24th release, Streets of Rage will be available for Nintendo Switch (€39.99 / £34.99), PlayStation 4 (€34.99 / £29.99) and Xbox One (€34.99 / £29.99).
Fans will be excited to learn that a Signature Edition version of Streets of Rage 4 will also be available with pre-orders opening on the Signature Edition store on May 7th.
The Signature Edition version will be available for Nintendo Switch (€59.99 / £49.99), PlayStation 4 (€54.99 / £44.99) and Xbox One (€54.99 / £44.99). In addition to containing a copy of the standard retail version, the Signature Edition box will also contain:
- Five limited edition enamel pins featuring Cherry Hunter, Blaze Fielding, Axel Stone, Adam Hunter and Floyd Iraia.
- Numbered collector’s certificate, printed with the developers’ signatures.
- Axel Stone’s blue bandana complete with Streets of Rage 4 logo.
- Outer sleeve featuring alternative artwork.
About Streets of Rage 4:
Amongst the best beat’em up series ever created, jammin’ ‘90s beats and over the top street beating, the iconic series Streets of Rage comes back with a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
The all-time classic Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a beat ‘em up series known for this timeless gameplay and electronic dance influenced music. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, beautiful hand-drawn visuals and a God tier soundtrack.
Team up with iconic and brand-new characters
Streets of Rage 4 got its iconic characters back: Axel, Blaze, and Adam teaming up with new brother and sister in arms Floyd Iraia and Cherry Hunter. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks to take a listen, our heroes are ready to dish out beatdowns to a fledgeling group of ill-advised criminals in full force.
Nostalgia strikes again
One of your dreams is coming true. In addition to the 5 new characters, unlock and play your favourite pixelated characters from the previous Streets of Rage games such as Axel, Adam, Blaze, Skate, Max and many more with their own retro SFX, in gorgeous HD hand-drawn urban environments. And for the full nostalgic experience, you will also be able to play with the music of the previous Streets of Rage games!
Outstanding Hand-Drawn Visuals
Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel, Adam or Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
Epic line-up of legendary games composers
The Streets of Rage series is known for its electronic dance influenced music around the world.
Led by Olivier Derivière the soundtrack of Streets of Rage 4 will be composed by not only an all-star ensemble of Japanese memorable musical architects in the video game history but also by 4 Western rising stars:
- Yūzō Koshiro
- Motohiro Kawashima
- Yoko Shimomura
- Harumi Fujita
- Keiji Yamagishi
- Das Mörtal
- XL Middleton
- The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Clean up Wood Oak City by yourself or with another friend online !
- Team up to 4 people offline to take the city back for the very first time!
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand-new mechanics.
- Soundtrack by a wide all-star line up of world-class musicians.
- Braised chicken everywhere.
- A dozen former Streets of Rage characters unlockable and playable in their original pixel versions.
- Play with the music of the previous Streets of Rage games.
- 12 unique stages
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.