Players entering Century: Age of Ashes’ second closed beta can expect improved matchmaking, free flight mode, and more.
Dragon riders return to the skies in the second Century: Age of Ashes closed beta taking flight on Steam this Friday. After a successful initial test, Playwing’s second closed beta is set to run March 12 to 21 with all player progress including experience, earned currency, and unlockables will carry onward to April’s Early Access launch.
Player limit has also been increased drastically to test servers and get riders in on the action!
Century: Age of Ashes allows players to become legendary dragon riders who rule the skies in this competitive Free-to-Play team-based shooter where skill is the only thing that separates victors from the fallen. Over 100,000 players have signed up through the Century: Age of Ashes Steam page to join in the closed beta, and the Playwing team looks forward to player feedback in the official Discord server.
The development team at Playwing has spent the weeks after their first closed beta in February examining and addressing player feedback resulting in new quality of life features such as a rebalanced progression system, new matchmaking and game modes, and improved controls. A new free flight system has also been added to allow new players to get a feel for flight and combat before diving into battle against human opponents.
“After such a positive response from our first closed beta, we wanted to open up Century: Age of Ashes to more dragon riding fans. For this playtest, we’re inviting every single person who asked to join through the Steam page to this coming week’s closed beta.” said Pascal Barret, Playwing Bordeaux Art Director and Studio Manager.
“We’re incredibly excited for the Early Access launch in April, and will be announcing a release date shortly after the closed beta. Watch out for that news and for Playwing team members flying alongside and against you in Century’s skies.”Century: Age of Ashes’ cosmetic store will be open during the closed beta for players to spend earned currency on dragon skins, hatchable eggs, armor, weapons, and other items. Options to use real world currency will not be available during this period.
The Century: Age of Ashes second closed beta will launch with the following changes and improvements:
Matchmaking & Game modes
- Adding a MMR system to the queue to improve match balance and put same level players into the same games
- ROOKIE mode will be only accessible until level 10
- Adding a SKIRMISH mode: a best of 5, 3v3 game mode, that will replace the ROOKIE mode for level 10 players and above. All the controls will be available at the start of the first round.
- A FREE FLIGHT mode will be available. You’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the Dragon’s controls and play against an enemy bot.
Gates of Fire
- Changed the number of rounds to best of 3 and added an extra 4th round in case of a draw, in order to avoid a xp draw exploit
- Reviewing the sound design in order to make the game mode more epic
- Improved the balancing by adding more spawn placements for the flag
- General UI/FX improvements to make the objectives clearer
- Adding a penalty system for players who leave rounds early
- The shop will be open! You’ll be able to spend your earned currencies, but won’t be able to pay with real money
- Leaderboard will be available
- Global ping improvement
- Improved Mouse / Keyboard controls
- General sound design improvements to improve the sensation when players hit an enemy
- The progression system has been rebalanced. We want the level up system to feel more of an accomplishment
More information on the closed beta can be found on the Century: Age of Ashes closed beta news announcement. Century: Age of Ashes will be arriving in Early Access on Steam this April. Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store versions will be released at a later date.
And for more gaming news be sure to check out our section HERE.