Feather, the zen-like “bird simulator” from Australian dev Samurai Punk, is making its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One just a week from now – Wednesday, September 30.
With perfect timing, Feather invites both PC and console gamers to leave their worries on the ground and embrace the light-as-a-feather quality of birds in a beautiful, flat-shaded world without enemies, combat or objectives.
In addition to passive online multiplayer – which allows friends old and new to share the joy of flight in real time – the Explorer Update also adds a number of new features and improvements to Feather:
- The game is now fully cross-play – meaning that players will encounter birds (i.e., other players) from all supported platforms.
- A brand new area has been added – hidden deep within the islands.
- 6 new songs and 4 new birds to discover.
- New weather conditions! Some days can get pretty windy …
- Improved detail.
- Steam: Now with Mac support!
- New renderer is now able to spawn significantly more undergrowth.
- More objects in the world can be perched upon.
Lose yourself in flight surrounded by nature and friendly creatures to the beat of a soothing ambient soundtrack. Fly free, explore, and make connections along your journey. Swoop, glide, and backflip your way around mysterious locations to uncover hidden paths that only birds can follow. There’s no right or wrong, no demands, no bosses – only you, the wind, and the sky!
- Experience the world from a bird’s-eye view with fluid and responsive controls.
- Explore a vast island with a dynamic weather system and day/night cycles.
- Play with friends in a seamless online multiplayer.
- Fly peacefully without enemies, combat, or threats.
- Enjoy a relaxing ambient soundtrack and sound effects by Mitchell Pasmans.
- Find 9 unique songs hidden around the island.
- Control your bird with gamepads or keyboard and mouse.
Feather will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a week from today –Wednesday, September 30 for $7.99 – a 20% discount. On October 7, the game will return to its original retail price of $9.99.
The Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions will contain the Explorer Update by September 30. The Nintendo Switch version will be updated in the near future.
For even more tech news, click right HERE.