The mobile gambling revolution started more than a decade ago and today smartphones and tablets dominate the industry. They are used to playing casual mobile casino games that offer free-to-play experiences as well as allowing players to gamble for real at high stakes. In fact, most new casino players choose to play on mobile.
There are two major options for mobile casino players, they are as you may have already guessed iOS devices and Android devices. There are pros and cons to choosing both platforms, but you can’t go wrong regardless of the operating systems chosen.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at each of the operating systems when looking to play mobile casino games, and then we’ll compare the two side-by-side in a number of different categories. So let’s do this in alphabetical order to save any claims of bias and start with Android.
An abundance of games for Android
Android is the dominant operating system, with the vast majority of mobile devices in the world running on it. Not surprisingly, most of the people who play mobile casino games use a smartphone or tablet running on Android. The result is a growing interest in developing games compatible with this OS and all the popular slots are available in this format.
Online casinos that accept mobile devices have huge selections of Android-friendly games, so players never run out of options. They can be enjoyed by visiting here and going straight into the browser for enhanced convenience, by players who would rather not download anything on their devices. This is the preferred version for casual gamblers who play occasionally and don’t want to install a mobile casino application.
The advantage of downloading and installing an app is that you gain access to exclusive bonuses and special deals. Access to broad game portfolios is also simplified, so punters hit two birds with one stone. The installation process is smooth and you don’t need the latest device to fully enjoy the app, which can be acquired for free from the casino website or the dedicated marketplaces.
iOS is cherished for its enhanced security
Software developers can’t afford to miss out on a broader slice of the cake, therefore they were quick to release games for this operating system. iPads and iPhones are perfect for running mobile casino games, and the updates made by the company keep the devices in pristine form. One of the benefits associated with gambling on iOS devices is security, as the games go through a higher level of scrutiny.
The advantages of playing mobile casino games on iPhones are multiple, which explains the surging popularity of this platform. Gambling fans have now access to extensive portfolios of games for mobile at leading online casinos. All of the new releases are mobile-friendly, so punters enjoy the same flawless gaming experience on computers and handheld devices.
Different apps can be acquired for iOS devices, but they are also free and require minimal resources. The installation process is fast and once they are available on mobile, they act as a one-stop shop for gamblers. You can use them to play the mobile casino games you prefer, contact customer support, make deposits, and claim bonuses in an intuitive and simplified manner.
Comparing the two for mobile casino gaming
Comparing iOS and Android for mobile casino gaming involves considering several factors such as hardware, software, game availability, and overall gaming experience. Here’s a breakdown of these factors for both platforms:
- iOS: Apple’s iPhones and iPads are known for their high-quality hardware, consistent performance, and well-optimised chipsets, such as the A-series processors. These devices often deliver superior gaming performance with smooth gameplay and impressive graphics.
- Android: Android devices come in a wide range of configurations, including budget, mid-range, and high-end options. While flagship devices from companies like Samsung, OnePlus, and Google can compete with Apple’s offerings in terms of performance, budget and mid-range devices may not provide the same level of gaming experience.
- iOS: Apple’s iOS is a closed ecosystem, which means that developers have to work within the constraints set by Apple. However, this also ensures a more consistent gaming experience across different iOS devices, as developers can optimise their games for a limited set of hardware configurations.
- Android: Android is an open-source platform, which allows for greater customisation and flexibility. However, this also means that there is a larger variety of devices and hardware configurations for developers to account for, which can sometimes lead to inconsistent gaming experiences and performance issues on some devices.
- iOS: Apple’s App Store has a wide selection of high-quality games, and some developers choose to release their games exclusively on iOS due to its lucrative user base and streamlined ecosystem.
- Android: The Google Play Store also has a vast library of games, with many titles available across both platforms. However, due to the open nature of Android, it is also more susceptible to piracy and lower-quality games.
- iOS: The gaming experience on iOS is generally considered smoother and more consistent, thanks to Apple’s tight control over hardware and software. Additionally, iOS devices often have better support for gaming accessories, such as game controllers.
- Android: While gaming on high-end Android devices can be comparable to iOS, the overall experience can vary depending on the device and its optimisation for gaming. Android also supports a wider range of gaming accessories, but compatibility can be hit or miss.
In summary, if you prioritise a consistent, high-quality gaming experience and don’t mind a more limited selection of devices, iOS might be the better choice for you. However, if you prefer a wider range of device options, and customisation, and don’t mind occasional performance inconsistencies, Android could be a suitable platform for your mobile casino gaming needs.
For even more gambling-related content, click right here.