After an amazing career across PC and mobile, Greenheart Games are finally bringing Game Dev Tycoon to Nintendo Switch this 8 October. An established classic of the genre with over two million players already replaying game history, Game Dev Tycoon’s upcoming Nintendo Switch release boasts an interface optimised for Joy-Con and touch controls.
Game Dev Tycoon lets you experience game development history first-hand, from the passionate garage development of the 80s to the hundred person mega-devs of today. It’s up to you to hire the best team, create the best games and research the best tech to make your mark on the industry.
Already a game dev star? Simply import your PC or mobile save to the Nintendo Switch version or between any of the existing platforms with the game’s brand-new cross-save support.
- Start a solo studio in the 80s, and grow it into a world-leading development team
- Create your own games, mixing-and-matching genres, topics and platforms
- Hire, manage and promote your development team (but beware of crunch!)
- Open your own R&D lab and become an industry leader
- Import your saves from PC and mobile to continue your journey to game dev stardom
- Play the way you want: the new Switch interface supports both touch and Joy-Con gameplay!
About Game Dev Tycoon
The first simulation game available on the Windows Store in 2012, Game Dev Tycoon was ported to PC, Mac and Linux the following year and now has over two million players. The game gained worldwide attention for its piracy experiment: players who pirated Game Dev Tycoon quickly went bankrupt in-game due to piracy rates and asked for DRM and other anti-piracy measures to be added to the gameplay. In November 2017 and January 2018, Game Dev Tycoon was released on iOS and Android respectively.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.