Michał Brzozowski, the developer behind long-running roguelike KeeperRL, today announced the arrival of the Alpha 30 content update.
KeeperRL is known for masterfully merging roguelike, base-building, and strategy RPG gameplay mechanics. The game features procedurally generated maps, detailed combat simulation with direct control of units, and the ability to share your dungeons online for other players to beat.
Check out the KeeperRL Trailer:
Consisting of a huge number of features and fixes, the Alpha 30 update introduces the new playable Gnomes faction, which excels at crafting mechanical contraptions that will allow players to dominate in dungeons and on battlefields!
Perfectly suited for fans of Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper, Electric Succubi’s KeeperRL is an ambitious dungeon simulator with roguelike and RPG elements. Take on the role of an evil wizard to study black magic – equipping minions and exploiting everything around you.
Murder innocent villagers, burn their homes … anything goes. You can also build up your dungeon and lay traps to defend against angry heroes headed your way! There’s always something to do in KeeperRL – whether you control minions (in which the game becomes a classic roguelike with turn-based, tactical combat) or an adventurer (when the goal is to assault dungeons made by yourself or other players).
You can check out the full Alpha 30 (Changelog) HERE.
When creating KeeperRL in 2013, I was inspired by roguelikes like Nethack and ADOM. After discovering Dwarf Fortress, I experimented with adding a real-time dungeon building mode – which turned out to be a total game-changer. This is basically the origin story of KeeperRL. Since hitting Steam Early Access in 2015, development has progressed steadily – thanks to the ongoing support from existing players. Their feedback allowed me to massively improve all aspects of the game and add modding support, which started an explosion of free content via Steam Workshop. I’m confident that the community will find much to enjoy in Alpha 30!Michał Brzozowski (Designer/Programmer & Founder, Electric Succubi)
- Dungeon Management: Build dungeons and defend them from attackers. Dig deep into the mountain and build dozens of rooms, corridors, and traps while your minions train and produce weapons/armour. Meanwhile, prisoners are tortured as you research new technologies such as alchemy, beast mutation, and sorcery.
- Large, Procedurally-Generated Maps: Explore a procedurally-generated fantasy world and make your enemies suffer! In your neighbourhood, you’ll find castles, villages, other dungeons, and special locations. Slay heroes, dragons, and witches for their loot. Every game you play is unique.
- Roguelike Mechanics: Immerse yourself in a turn-based roguelike featuring equipment and consumables. The world is simulated on a very detailed level. Creatures use the equipment and consumable items. There are dozens of special items, spells, attributes, and special attacks. You can cut off heads and limbs and blind or poison your enemies. If you’re not careful with fire, you can burn an entire forest or even your own dungeon (!) Play as an adventurer in a pure RPG/roguelike mode with no base-building (optional).
- Online Map Sharing: Upload your dungeon for other players to attack! Download dungeons made by other players and explore them as an adventurer!
Pricing and Availability
KeeperRL is available on Steam Early Access for $14.99. The OST retails for $2.99 – and there’s a bundle that includes the game and OST for $17.08. KeeperRL is also available on itch.io and the Humble Store.
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/329970/KeeperRL
- Itch.io: https://miki151.itch.io/keeperrl
- Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keeperrl
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.