Got a free weekend? So have we! DCL – The Game is available for FREE this weekend on Steam. Players can race against their friends, fly for fun or simply try out a new game. Pilots who want to be drafted into a Drone Racing Team to compete in the Drone Champions League 2020, should prove their skills this weekend as it is the last chance to get noticed.
Here’s how you can rack up a few flying miles on 3 types of drone configurations, in 4 different gaming modes, on some seriously challenging racetracks:
Simply download DCL – The Game on Steam here and play for free from now until March 29, 1pm PST / 10pm CEST.
But wait, there is more…
You can grab yourself a special 34% discount on DCL – The Game from now until March 30, 10am PST / 7pm CEST.
Pilots, show your skills!
For those who wish to roll up their sleeves and take on the competition fly into the last weekend of March, which is also the final opportunity to make the cut to be a part of a DCL team this season. March 30, 2pm CEST is the cut-off point for the draft selection qualification and only the top players across each platform (200 from Steam, 50 from Xbox, and 50 from PS4) will make their way to the DCL DRAFT SELECTION 2020.
For more information on DCL – The Game, available in retail and digitally on PlayStation4, Xbox One and Steam: www.dcl.aero/download.
About DCL – The Game
- Authenticity: DCL-The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour – so close that our team pilots use it for event qualification and the top performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection; once a year pilots can be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the Drone Champions League.
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: ARCADE MODE is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS MODE flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilization and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilized mode, simulates most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot complete control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots fly their drones.
- Drone controller support: fly the game with the actual drone transmitters (PC and Mac only).
- Game modes: Free Flight, Time Attack and RaceFlow (online multiplayer up to 30 players).
- Fly through over 24 spectacular tracks and compete online against other pilots from all over the world! Additional tracks will be released every week and available through online events.
- Discover real drone racing tracks like the snow halfpipes of LAAX and the castle ruins of Reutte. Each location will present a new and unique challenge and will demand all your piloting skills!
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DCL-19 (default), and heavyweight for a very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three setups keeps competition balanced.
- Leaderboards: Global, Regional and National leaderboards for each platform.
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.