The wait is over: WarpedCore Studio’s couch co-op epic Aqua Lungers is now available in select European Nintendo eShop stores, Australia/New Zealand, and Mexico! Players across the globe can now vie for fame and fortune on both PC and Nintendo Switch – and experience Aqua Lungers’ stylish visuals, fluid animation, and polished PvP action first-hand.
Check out the Aqua Lungers trailer below:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Slovak Republic
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Aqua Lungers Story & Gameplay
The search for glory and riches never ends. For centuries, the last great treasures have been lost to the depths as shipwrecks filled the seas with sunken loot. Now, those who want to get rich must don brightly coloured diving suits and go where no one else dares…
In this game of both speed and aggression, players race through challenging stages while contending with deadly creatures and dastardly opponents to collect the most treasure. While everyone’s goal is the same, each player is afforded several options to give them an edge over their competitors. Some can use their speed and agility to outpace and evade their opponents, while others might use devastating attacks to slow them down and steal their hard-earned goods!
Those looking for a solo experience (or who’d like to get some practice in before challenging Real Human Beings™) can opt for single-player mode. While essentially the same as the default game, single-player mode retains the gold-collecting mechanic while increasing the penalty for deaths in each level. This shifts the challenge from “PvP racing” to PvE survival.
- Wreak havoc with split-screen action for up to 4 players.
- Survive 7 massive zones, 21 stages, and 7 boss levels.
- Acquire and deploy devastating power-ups to eliminate the competition.
- Play for keeps with support for TV, Tabletop, and Handheld modes.
- Make your mark: Who can reach 3,000 points first?
Both Steam and Nintendo Switch versions are fully updated:
- New zone complete with 3 new levels and final boss stage; includes a new enemy type and boss monster.
- New story text added to level select map to help players learn about Aqua Lungers as they progress through the game.
- Brand new boss music for boss stages.
- Penalty for failing stages.
- Pressing both bumpers now cancels weapon charge.
- Whirlwind can now push non-physics based projectiles.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Performance improvements throughout the game.
- Framerate now capped at 180 fps when vsync is disabled.
- Improved level victory sequence.
- AI and animation improvements for enemy creatures.
- Several weapon charge bugs fixed.
- Audio issues fixed for sound effects playing in rapid succession.
- Sound effects added to many projectiles.
Pricing & Availability
The Nintendo Switch port of Aqua Lungers is available in North America, select European countries, and Australia/New Zealand. Mexico is a new addition for North America.
- United States – $14.99
- United Kingdom – £12.99
- North America: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aqua-lungers-switch
- United Kingdom: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Aqua-Lungers-1787225.html
Aqua Lungers is also available on Steam, where it retails for $12.99.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.