Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat™ 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, new and returning fighters, immersive story elements and innovative features that offer a more personalised experience than ever before. Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC Champion, Olympic medalist and WWE Superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade, at the US reveal event.
Ronda Rousey had this to say:
I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat™ fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to. Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat™ 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat™ franchise that I grew up playing.
And Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios had this to say:
We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat™ 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans. We have an amazing community, and it’s an honour to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat™ franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.
Today’s Mortal Kombat™ 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic Medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- The first Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat™ history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favourite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat™ history. T
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat™ 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat™ 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available 28th March 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat™ 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat™ 11 is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise, developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, and is scheduled for release beginning 23rd April 2019 for PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 4 Pro computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch™ system and PC.
Mortal Kombat™ 11 is available for pre-order now; visit www.mortalkombat.com for more information. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn. Those who pre-order on PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available on 28th March 2019 for those platforms.
For more game news, click HERE.