Magic Design Studios is over the moon, announcing today that Unruly Heroes is now available on Nintendo Switch, Steam, Microsoft Store, and Xbox One.
Inspired by the timeless 16th-century Chinese novel Journey to the West, players take control of four unlikely heroes. Effortlessly swapping between and Wukong the Monkey King, Sanzang the Sleepy Monk, Kihong the Greedy Pig, and Sandmonk the Sensitive Brute as they travel westward in search of the scattered remnants of the Sacred Scroll. Along the way, whether it be solo or in local coop, players will encounter a diverse lineup of enemies to battle within a colourful fantasy world.
The game’s Creative Director Yang Lu said:
We want to invite players to be part of some fantastic universes. We spent a year and a half elaborating, defining, searching for and shaping the kind of game/story/experience we wanted to offer. It turns out we are video game crafters!
Journey to the West is a wonderful story, but I noticed it wasn’t really known in the West.
Set against lushly illustrated environments in a hand-drawn
Watch the launch trailer on YouTube:
- Experience the Legend of the Monkey King solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local gameplay.
- Make the fight more challenging with local and online PvP.
- Master the combined strength of the four unique heroes, adapting to use the best one for each new challenge.
- Possess your enemies to harness their strengths and abilities.
- Explore a range of different worlds within a colourful fantasy universe platforming, solving puzzles, battling enemies, and overcoming unexpected obstacles.
Unruly Heroes is out now on Nintendo Switch, Steam, Microsoft Store, and Xbox One, with planned released for PS4 to follow. It is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Russian, Korean, Japanese.
For more gaming news, just click right HERE.