Frogwares, the developers of The Sinking City have confirmed a much-awaited performance patch is finally live across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
The team has also included quality improvements and two additional character outfits to all players for free as a thank you for their patience and understanding.
With regards to the patch, Serge Chervonnyi, Game Producer, wanted to say:
We’re very sorry for the delay on these patches. We’re not the biggest team so collecting as many instances of where the game’s performance was taking a hit to really understand the issues took much longer than expected. From there it was a matter of making sure our fixes were effective across the board and not just on these instances. We also had a 2nd team working on additional enhancements that then had to be merged with our performance patches and properly tested. We’re really sorry for the wait but hope the fixes plus the additional outfits can now let console players who were holding off on playing dive back into the game.
Most notable improvements and enhancements include:
- Improved overall performance. Players should see a more stable FPS rate when playing the game. Also addressed previously reported frequent FPS drops and stuttering.
- Additional improvements and optimizations based on post-launch feedback
- Deployed various crowd-related fixes, improvements, and optimizations. Players should see a decrease in bugs and glitches linked to pedestrian behavior. In addition, passersby should no longer have spawn zones that are directly visible to the player.
Combat and gunplay:
- All weapons received new gunshot sound effects and visual effects
- Several weapons received new recoil animations
- Camera shake effect added to make shooting more realistic
- All NPC firearms have new sound effects
All these enhancements plus additional PC focused fixes will all be added to the PC version too, once testing on multiple hardware setups and configurations has finished.
The new outfits can be found in the player wardrobe at the Devil’s Reef Hotel after completing the first quest.
For more gaming news, click right HERE.