Raiser Games and Protocol Games are suitably spooked to announce that survival-horror cult Song of Horror launches on PlayStation today, with the Xbox version currently in certification and due to launch very shortly.
Having previously made its name on PC, this new console release combines all five chapters from the Steam version into one single ‘complete edition’, delivering a thrilling paranormal story where the threat of The Presence – a dark entity that reacts to your way of playing – looms large throughout.
Song of Horror tasks players with investigating the mysterious disappearance of famed but now elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher – a man who, along with his entire family, has vanished without a trace. Playing the role of any one of 13 different characters, Song of Horror is a Lovecraftian, third-person adventure that pays homage to classic masterpieces of the survival-horror genre.
Every survival-horror fan knows that some of the biggest games in the genre’s history made their name on console, so bringing Song of Horror to PlayStation and Xbox was the logical next step after the game’s successful run on PC. We can’t wait to see the reaction of console gamers once they get their hands on it.Studio co-founder Carlos Grupeli
Song of Horror is a non-combat adventure where the focus is instead on running and hiding, staying silent in the midst of all the terror to avoid triggering unnerving manifestations, capable of bringing the game’s protagonists to the brink of insanity. With the ever-present threat of The Presence keeping players on their toes from start to finish – powered by an AI that adapts to your gameplay -, Song of Horror’s mission to keep you severely spooked is one it never lets upon.
SONG OF HORROR 🔦 Launch trailer | PS4 & Xbox One
Song of Horror features
- A truly dynamic terror experience: its antagonist, the supernatural entity known only as The Presence, is controlled by an advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) that reacts to your actions and decisions.
- Experience unbearable fear as this otherworldly being responds to your way of playing and hunts you down in unexpected ways, offering a unique experience to every player and gameplay where tension builds up naturally instead of coming from scripted sequences.
- Live this story through the eyes of a varied set of characters related to the story in their own way. Every character is different, and brings their unique point of view to the investigation, allowing them to approach clues and items differently.
- Their actions and decisions will shape the world: some of them will know more or less of certain aspects of the story; some will be more effective against supernatural manifestations, but all of them can die if the Presence gets to them – and death can be permanent. If they die, you will have to pick the story up with another one, and continue the investigation so their deaths are not in vain.
- A mysterious antique shop, a forgotten abbey, an abandoned mental hospital… Each location in Song of Horror is inspired by the classics of the genre. Explore and investigate these haunted places to gather clues and items that will help you solve challenging puzzles while enduring the agonizing tension of the game’s atmosphere.
Song of Horror launches today on PlayStation – with the Xbox version launching very shortly – for €39.99/$39.99/£34.99.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.