2K today announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is now available worldwide for the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, as well as the PlayStation 4 system. Winner of The Game Awards’ Best Strategy Game and DICE Awards’ Best Strategy Game in 2016, Civilization VI’s release on Xbox One and PS4 system ushers in a new era of strategy games on consoles where players attempt to build empires to stand the test of time.
In Civilization VI, you will explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known. Civilization VI on Xbox One and PS4 system includes many features, such as:
- PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts;
- THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24* different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units and infrastructure in their quests for victory;
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper;
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment and discover new cultures;
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life to late game alliances and negotiations;
- EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI for Xbox One and PS4™ system includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy,” choose a Viking leader to conquer Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!” or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander”;
- COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to four players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via online multiplayer.
Also launching today is the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle for Xbox One, PS4 system and Nintendo Switch system. The Civilization VI Expansion Bundle, which combines both the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions, takes the turn-based strategy classic to new heights. With 16 new civilizations, 18 new leaders and major enhancements to gameplay, such as Great Ages and natural disasters influenced by the player’s impact on the living planet, the pursuit of building the greatest empire is as exciting as ever.
The base game is available for £44.99 SRP, while the separate Civilization VI Expansion Bundle is available for £32.99 SRP.
Originally developed for Windows PC by Firaxis Games, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI was developed in collaboration with Aspyr to bring the beloved franchise to Xbox One and PS4 system. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is rated PEGI 12 and is now available on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 system, Nintendo Switch system, iPhone, iPad, Mac and Linux.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, visit www.civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube, follow Civilization on Twitter and Instagram or join the conversation using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn.
*27 total leaders for PS4™ system version of Civilization VI
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI screenshots
For even more FULLSYNC gaming news, click right HERE.