There is a lot to love about Other Ocean’s Social-deduction game, Project Winter. An excellent co-op experience with 7 of your closest buddies? Check. The thrill of playing a secret traitor and the sweet screams of disbelief when you’re the last one left standing? Check. It’s rare that players get to experience both sides of the coin, but Project Winter wraps up co-op and PVP play in one perfect package. From May 16th – May 20th everyone can push their friendship to the limit when the game celebrates its pre-launch, extended Free Weekend on Steam accompanied by a 25% off Pre-Launch Sale!
Available in ten languages and launching on May 23rd of this year, find out what happens when a cadre of eight are dropped in the frigid wilderness with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a log cabin to protect them from the elements. Teamwork is essential to surviving the dropping temperatures and blood-thirsty wildlife, but what happens when slowly, but surely, it’s evident that not everyone in the group is out to prove that there is no “I” in team? Project Winter is an 8-person multiplayer game focused on social deception and survival where players are randomly assigned to the role of Traitor or Survivor. Players must gather resources, repair structures, and brave the wilderness together – but beware of traitors within the group who will be steadily gaining strength as the match progresses and whose only goal is to stop the survivors by any means necessary. Communication and teamwork are essential to the survivors’ ultimate goal of escape.
At launch, Project Winter will release on the Steam Store, Humble Bundle, and Greenman Gaming for Windows PC, with controller support for USD 19.99. The game was developed in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador with valued support from the Canada Media Fund.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.
For more news, click right HERE.