Novaquark, the company behind the sci-fi MMO Dual Universe, has released the latest entry in their Dev Diary video series, which focuses on upcoming major changes to the game. These changes run the gamut between gameplay updates, newly added features, and more.
Their latest Dev Diary video is the first of two parts, and focuses on new additions in the upcoming Alpha 3 release, scheduled for January 2020. The first episode, which has just been released, features some of the new graphical additions coming in the upcoming Alpha 3 release including:
- All-new space lighting, which will improve the look of the game, as well as provide more vision to constructs in space
- Procedurally-generated textures, which will give a level of realism to all in-game assets
- UI changes, which will make the game more readable and vastly improve player experience
Since the game’s initial Kickstarter at the end of 2016, where it was the third highest-funded game of the year, Novaquark has maintained a commitment to develop its project by updating it regularly, as well as communicating openly and regularly as possible with its growing and high-praising community.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defence systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.