Novaquark, developers of the sci-fi MMO ‘Dual Universe’, have released the latest entry in their ‘Dev Diary’ video series. This latest episode is the second they’ve released in December and focuses on new gameplay features and updates coming in January 2020’s Alpha 3 release.
The video, which highlights features such as harvesting rocks and trees for basic elements, changes to the piloting system, and an overhaul of the industry mechanic, is a continuation of the first part they released earlier in December.
The Novaquark team has recently updated their roadmap, highlighting the next phases of Dual Universe’s development cycle. Along with the new roadmap came two podcasts, including the latest one, released earlier this week, where members of the team answered questions and feedback from the community.
Following the January Alpha 3 release will be two Beta releases, which are scheduled for Summer 2020 and early 2021 respectively.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defence systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.