1C Entertainment and developer Digitalmindsoft are excited to announce that Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War is out today! Available as a standalone expansion for $24,99 / €21,99 / £19,99, the latest iteration in its long-running Men of War RTS series marks its first foray into this iconic era. The title places itself against the backdrop of the heated conflict between the United States and the Soviet Union and brings all the tense, military tactics players have come to expect from the series.
Building upon the framework of Men of War: Assault Squad 2, Cold War introduces a brand new feature to the series: dynamic campaign creation. Mirroring the ever-present feeling of dread that permeated the era, dynamic campaign creation ensures no two campaign experiences play out the same in single-player and co-op. From randomized skirmishes to custom army compositions, players will be forced to think on their feet in the heat of battle.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War also marks the return of the series’ genre-defining RTS combat. Players take control of vast armies of U.S. or Soviet soldiers, tanks, helicopters and more as they take this historic struggle to series-first locales. From sleepy winter villages to fortified border zones, Direct Control mode returns, giving players unprecedented control over their forces, allowing them to control single units in a bid to out-manoeuvre their enemies. Couple this with online multiplayer to match the game’s dynamic single-player and co-op campaigns and Men of War fans have a lot to be excited about!
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War launches today on Steam for $24,99 / €21,99 / £19,99. For more information, followDigitalmindsoft and 1C Entertainment on Twitter.
- Pick your side: The United States of America versus the Soviet Union
- Dynamic campaign creation makes singleplayer and cooperative campaign play extremely replayable with randomized skirmish battles and custom army compositions
- Competitive online multiplayer modes
- Assault Zones game mode: Capture and hold flag points using all military means possible
- Annihilation game mode: Dominate the enemy or capture their base, as valuable resources can be secured on the battlefield
- Command large armies or control single units with the series-defining direct control mode
For more gaming news click HERE.