Klei, the critically-acclaimed independent games studio behind the much-loved franchise Don’t Starve, is pleased to announce the release of Don’t Starve: Hamlet, the third DLC for Don’t Starve, available on Steam on May 14.
View the teaser trailer below:
In this latest DLC for Don’t Starve, players uncover a lost town of aristocratic Pigmen nestled within a foreboding tropical jungle. Expanding on Klei’s dark and whimsical style, Don’t Starve: Hamlet will see players having to use their skills and survival strategies developed in Don’t Starve, in order to find their place amongst the Pigmen and weather the ominous Aporkalypse.
With a whole civilization to explore, there’s much to do in Don’t Starve: Hamlet from adjusting to a new society to discovering lost ruins, all with new characters along for the adventure.
Key features of Don’t Starve: Hamlet include:
- Reacquainting to city life: Visit shops and trade with the pig society. Players can purchase and renovate their own home.
- Delving into ancient ruins: Explore the lost world of an ancient pig civilization filled with traps and try your hand at treasure hunting.
- Exploring new lands: Discover the secrets of new wildlife and seasons.
- Crafting and experimenting: New ingredients and recipes to help solve unique new problems this new land brings.
- 3 new characters:
- Wilba – Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job.
- Wormwood – Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he’ll likely grow on you.
- Wheeler – A gutsy aeronaut whose latest adventure has blown off course.
In addition to the trials and treasures that await players in the game’s latest DLC, there’s a surprise new character for EVERYONE that owns Don’t Starve. But who? They’re a reckless inventor of curious contraptions, but can they survive their greatest experiment yet? Players will soon find out as Wagstaff has now arrived in the Constant.