11 bit studios proudly announce their best-selling, award-winning PC hit, Frostpunk, is out now as the Frostpunk: Console Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A well-weighed mix of post-apocalyptic survival, city-builder, and society simulation, the console edition was rebuilt from the ground up setting the new benchmark for strategy on consoles.
Frostpunk: Console Edition is available today on Microsoft and Sony digital stores for $29.99, and at retail for $34.99. Thanks to a partnership with Merge Games Ltd, the Signature Edition for collectors launches at $44.99 featuring a beautiful art book, CD soundtrack, enamel pins and more.
Frostpunk puts the player in the role of a 19th-century leader of what is possibly the last community on Earth, living in the last city still standing. Ruling the city’s population, maintaining and building up its infrastructure, and developing steam-powered technologies to survive an apocalyptic winter are tasks not easily accomplished.
A strategy game at heart — a genre often relegated only to PC players — 11 bit studios aimed to create a strategic experience that plays naturally on a controller while still being engaging and thrilling. The team’s ambitious goal was to set a new benchmark for strategy games on consoles and they’re confident that’s exactly the goal they achieved.
About Frostpunk: Console Edition:
Frostpunk: Console Edition is a society survival game where heat means life and every decision comes at a price. Presenting complex strategic gameplay, demanding challenges and rich story, Frostpunk extends its unmatched survival experience to consoles.
Adapted for consoles with revised controls and adjusted mechanics, Frostpunk: Console Edition allows you to fully test your tactical prowess on the frozen wastelands.
- MAINTAIN HOPE – Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain these two in your people will be a determinant factor for success.
- MAKE THE LAW – Society is a group of people abiding by the same rules and sharing similar beliefs. Establishing laws and customs will be a crucial factor in shaping your society.
- WEIGH YOUR CHOICES – Will you allow child-labor? How will you treat the sick and wounded? Frostpunk challenges tactical skills while questioning your morality.
- EXPLORE – Expeditions, while risky, can bring you valuable intel, precious supplies and grow your society’s population. There may be people out there, and their fate lies solely in your hands.
- PLAY ENDLESSLY – Endless Mode offers new maps, game modes, mechanics, and allows you to dive into the Frostpunk experience deeper than ever before.
For more gaming news click right HERE.