Drone Champions League AG and THQ Nordic GmbH today announced the cooperation on releasing Drone Champions League The Game (DCL – The Game) in Winter 2019/2020 for PC and consoles (no handheld systems).
- DCL The Game will be the official videogame of Drone Champions League – the world’s leading championship for professional drone racing teams.
- Fly the original tracks from DCL and experience Drone Racing like a professional pilot
Herbert Weirather, DCL CEO explains:
We are absolutely delighted to work with THQ! With probably the best worldwide distribution and joined marketing forces we can finally fuse the virtual gaming world with the real world on an unmatched scale.
About Drone Champions League – The Game:
- Authenticity: DCL The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour – so close that the top-performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection, where pilots will be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the DCL.
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: Arcade mode is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS Mode flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilisation and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilised mode on some models is available on most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot more control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots control their drones.
- Drone controller support; fly the game with the actual drone remote controller (PC and Mac).
- Game modes: free flight, time attack and online multiplayer (up to 30 people).
- Choose from 27 different tracks ranging from Torino (Italy), the Great Wall of China (China), Laax (Switzerland), Neom (Saudi Arabia), and many other racing locations.
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DC19-Standard, and heavyweight for a very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three setups which keeps the competition balanced.
Leaderboard: Global leaderboard for each platform.
Ambitions and plans for DCL – The Game post-release:
- Make DCL real-life tracks available in-game prior to the actual event – qualifying for real-life races takes place inside the game
- Track editor which allows creation of individual tracks (PC only)
- More information on the game, its ambitions, different SKUs etc. will follow in due time
Pricing: Standard Edition PC: USD 29.99 / EUR 29.99 / GBP 24.99
Standard Edition Consoles: USD 39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 34.99
For more gaming news click HERE.