On 22 June 1941, a Sunday, Nazi Germany set in motion the largest invasion in the history of warfare — the attack on the Soviet Union, codenamed “Barbarossa”. By the time the four-year conflict on the Eastern Front is over, the world will have witnessed a war that’s unfathomable in scale and unparalleled in brutality.
In this DLC, you command Axis forces during Operation Barbarossa, from their summer of roaring victories to the painful halt at the gates of Moscow in the winter of 1941/42.
Key Features of the Barbarossa DLC
- 23-scenario historical campaign, with battles from the lakes of Karelia in the north to the Black Sea beaches in the south
- Limited, but still difficult to achieve, alternative historical outcomes, such as capturing Moscow in late 1941
- Detailed, zoomed-in maps for the hard-fought sieges of Odessa and Sevastopol
- 20+ new unit types including those from Italy, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland, and Spain.
- Beautiful new vehicle models including BT-7 and T-26 tanks, and the iconic ZIS-5 truck.
New Tutorial Features and Campaign
- New tutorial scenarios bringing the total to 6 from the previous 4
- Brand new tutorial Campaign that will take the player from the Louisiana Maneuvers to Operation Torch and finally to the run for Tunis
Read all about the new Tutorial features in the latest developer diary entry.
For even more gaming news, click right HERE.