So this week I was wondering what I could write about for ‘Throwback Thursday!’ and thought I’d see what kind of gaming anniversaries were coming up as a bit of inspiration. However, there were quite a few things that caught my eye so I thought, bugger it, why not write about all the cool things that happened on this very day in the past.
- Going all the way back to 1991, Jackie Chan’s Action Kung Fu was released in Japan on the NES.
- Jumping all the way to 2000, North America saw the release of Final Fantasy VIII on Windows.
- Then, in 2005, the same year Liverpool won the Champion’s League in Istanbul, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc rebranded themselves as 2K Games but not before they bought Visual Concepts from Sega in a deal worth $24m.
- Two years later in 2007, the Austrian game development and production company, Deep Silver, officially announce their establishment.
- A year later in 2008, Burnout: Paradise was released on PS3 and the Xbox 360 in the United Kingdom.
- 2013 saw the worldwide release of DmC: Devil May Cry for Windows PC.
- And catching up to today, we saw the worldwide release of Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops XL for Nintendo Switch, and we’ll have a review of the game up on our site in the coming days.
And that is just a little throwback to some of the amazing things that have happened on this day over the past 27 years.