Following the game’s latest update, Spiritlands is now only a short time away from completion and the full release being made available to the public. The latest tweaks made by Katherine Riverwood of Prey Interactive (formerly known as Tall Story Studios) see a whole bunch of bug fixes, rebalances and small edits designed to make the player’s experience of the game run a lot smoother.
A couple of the main changes to note since the game’s last patch notes are:
- People eat more food, and homes use up more coal.
- Markets now have traders all the time, but to unlock more market menu pages, you must upgrade your market building.
- Colonies are a bit easier to get on your side (alongside lots of fixes).
- Colonies no longer attack you like enemy camps do, they will unstoppably raid your food supplies for their people. This will increase the push to act on them.
- The UI is a lot more responsive now. This goes for placing walls and paths, as well as changing on-screen information when jumping between settlements.
- Performance improvements. I have included a message in the map editor that says the more you are zoomed in, the better the frame rate. This is because at least 50% of memory use is just having all the tiles on the screen.
When asked how she felt being so close to finally releasing the full version of Spiritlands, this is what Katherine had to say:
Really great! It’s a bumpy road to the end, but it feels good to be getting close. Spiritlands has been an adventure to make full of challenges of every nature, and I can’t wait to see what I come up with next. The next update to the game will be the tutorial!
So there you have it, just one more update to come which is the tutorial and the game will be set for its full release. We’ll be sure to keep you updated with news on the game as we get it.