Alder’s Blood is a Victorian-Western stealth tactical game with its launch date planned for Q1, 2020. Just before publishing the complete game, Shockwork Games’ developers released a prequel with their community titled “Alder’s Blood Prologue” – a quick introduction to the Alder’s Blood experience. Shockwork Games describes the experience as a sneak peek into the twisted world filled with corrupted creatures.
The story takes place before the events from Alder’s Blood and changes the perspective from the Chief of the Hunters – to a commoner, named Charles.
Charles, like everyone else in this cruel world, is struggling to stay alive. Pushing his luck, out of bravery or desperation – aiming for a quick buck Charles attempts to hunt the spawns of darkness. If he survives – the income from reselling the remains of the beasts will secure his livelihood for weeks to come.
What he is not aware of, is how his story will soon unfold and how his life is forever changed….
In the world ruled by misery and humanity rotting in the shadow of God’s dead carcass – death becomes mercy.
About Alder’s Blood
Alder’s Blood is a turn-based, tactical stealth game with a dash of strategy. Gamers take on the role of the Chief of Hunters – leading a group of perfectly trained and highly skilled, professional monster slayers. The Hunters carefully plan their attacks, sneaking in the shadows until they can feel the nasty breath of the monsters they set their sights on. Quick, quiet, and deadly, Hunters overcome their enemies with the use of tactics, specialized gear and dark arts. In one-on-one encounters even the most experienced and skilled Hunter does not stand a chance facing a beast. For this reason joining forces with other Hunters and valuing tactics higher than muscles is crucial for staying alive.
These terrifying monsters can easily detect Hunter’s presence by their scent, smart hunters monitor wind direction, avoid being noticed, and prepare deadly ambushes. A good Hunter knows that his hunting tools are as important as his weapons, and be sure to make good use of the sophisticated technology and dark artifacts at your disposal. But remember whatever tactics you employ, resources will be limited, and opportunities rare. So don’t waste them.
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end, you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world our god has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world, bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West. Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
For more gaming news check out our website right HERE.