Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. announced today that eFootball PES 2020 is now available in Europe and emerging markets on PS4, Xbox One and PC Steam via participating digital and physical stores.
This summer has seen Konami make several major announcements since the initial reveal of the game at E3. Following the renewal of the company’s first partner club, FC Barcelona, Konami also signed new or renewed partnerships with Arsenal FC, Manchester United, FC Bayern and Juventus FC – with additional partners beyond Europe.
With those partnerships, eFootball PES 2020 will be the only football video game where it is possible to play as the Serie A champions, Juventus FC in their official kits and storied home ground, Allianz Stadium. In addition, FC Bayern’s Allianz Arena and FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou will be fully exclusive in Konami’s game this year.
The company is proud and thrilled that FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Juventus FC’s Miralem Pjanic, FC Bayern’s Serge Gnabry and Manchester United’s Scott McTominay all feature on the cover of the Standard Edition of the game, available now for £59.99 RRP.
Players can also get their hands on the digital exclusive Legend Edition, featuring Brazilian icon Ronaldinho himself for £79.99 RRP. Bonuses include an exclusive 3D-scanned 2019 version of Ronaldinho for permanent use, Messi on a 10-match loan in myClub, plus Premium Agents and 3 Player Contract Renewals for in-game use.
Jonas Lygaard, Senior Director Brand & Business Development at Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. commented:
It’s fair to say it’s been a huge year for the PES team. We have an incredible game to offer players, one that the world’s biggest clubs have publicly endorsed, and we couldn’t be happier.
eFootball PES 2020 will be the only football video game where you can play as Juventus FC in the iconic Allianz Stadium, we will be the only game to feature other legendary stadiums such as FC Bayern’s Allianz Arena and FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou, and our representation of global teams and leagues in Latin America, Russia and Turkey has gone from strength to strength.
New in eFootball PES 2020
- Finesse Dribble – having enlisted the expertise of legendary midfielder Andrés Iniesta, the game includes a new dynamic dribbling technique used with the right joystick to escape tight spaces or dodge incoming tackles without changing the direction you are facing
- Master League Remastered – with a new interactive dialogue system, highly-accurate transfer system, legendary managers such as Zico, Cruyff and Maradona, plus further customizability to manager models and sponsor logos, the fan-favourite mode has never been better
- Matchday – a brand-new mode for this year, Matchday presents weekly events for players to align with one of two clubs and contribute to the overall performance through individual matches, where every perfectly placed pass and crucial goal contributes points to their team. Towards the end of each week, the best performing users for each side are chosen as Representatives to compete in the Grand Final, livestreamed to all users in-game
- Enhanced visuals – the game now boasts an enhanced lighting engine, improved player models, realistic cutscenes and replay footage, plus a completely new preset camera angle that mimics real-world broadcast footage
- Biggest licenses – featuring over 400 teams and over 10,000 players, including Manchester United, FC Bayern and Juventus FC, with the latter being completely exclusive to eFootball PES 2020
- Additional features – upgraded trapping mechanics, context-sensitive kick accuracy, more realistic defence, a new intentional foul technique, adaptive player interaction system to replicate player personalities on the pitch, and much more
- EURO 2020 DLC – Coming as a free update in Q2 2020, brand-new European content and mode will be added to celebrate the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament – more information to follow
For all the latest news on PES 2020 and for further information, please follow:
For more gaming news, click right HERE.