Polish game developers Event Horizon announced their newest game, Dark Envoy, today in a cinematic trailer released ahead of Gamescom 2019.
Watch the trailer below:
Dark Envoy is a non-linear RPG inspired by the likes of the Divinity series, XCOM, FTL, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, offering free world exploration with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy. A continuation of Event Horizon’s effort, which began with the studio’s debut title Tower of Time, to shatter long-standing RPG tropes and to create something unique in the process.
Explore the world using a Skyship as your base of operations. Seek mythical locations and procedurally generated dungeons with optional tactical objectives. Choose wisely where to travel however, as the world map adjusts with the passing of in-game time. Locations will randomly respawn, becoming progressively more challenging for you and your party.
Wishlist the game on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/945770/Dark_Envoy/
Dark Envoy Features
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real-time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer.
- 15 unique character classes to discover – with the ability to mix skill trees – including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- Combat animations recorded using the studio’s own mocap and a kung-fu master acting out various fighting styles.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a new mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before they become too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
- Website: https://www.darkenvoy.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eventhorizondev/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/eventhorizondev
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/945770/Dark_Envoy/
An early look of Dark Envoy is available for hands-on demos in Hall 10 at Gamescom, August 21 to 24.
Dark Envoy is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One late 2020.
For more gaming news, click right HERE.